MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Problems with character showing after conversion to mybb.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I converted my forum to mybb from smf and everything went fine but 2 things. Characters do not show properly. Everything is set to utf8. And the other problem is that it doesn''t let me to log in to my board or admin panel. Any ideas?
We'll need your URL for this really, especially the login problem...
(2009-10-23, 02:49 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]We'll need your URL for this really, especially the login problem...

I fixed the login problem. it appeared to be the cookie problem. After I set it right it works fine. Any thought on the character problem please? Thank you.
You should wait for some months, just like me : |

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-56670.html
(2009-10-23, 02:24 PM)that_guy Wrote: [ -> ]I converted my forum to mybb from smf and everything went fine but 2 things. Characters do not show properly. Everything is set to utf8. And the other problem is that it doesn''t let me to log in to my board or admin panel. Any ideas?

What was the character coallation for your smf forum set?
It was latin1. Now it is set to utf8 with mybb.
I'm assuming it's a problem with the encoding. I'm not really too sure what can be done through the existing database, I think the data is already converted so is rendered useless.

Can you see what's the content of the post in the database? As in, in the posts table is there actual (readable) information in the columns, or is it ???? ??? too?
(2009-10-27, 10:09 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]I'm assuming it's a problem with the encoding. I'm not really too sure what can be done through the existing database, I think the data is already converted so is rendered useless.

Can you see what's the content of the post in the database? As in, in the posts table is there actual (readable) information in the columns, or is it ???? ??? too?

Some it is readable and some it is like ???? ???, mixed up. Is there any way that I can convert the coalaltion characters to latin1 and then back again to utf8? Thank you again for all your help.
You can change the table encoding to latin1 by going to the operations tab in phpMyAdmin.

If that doesn't "revert" the characters back, which I'm doubtful it will, you might need to perform the merge again without an encoding.
Isn't there a php script that I can run it instead of doing it manually table by table? Or some query that will change the coallation for all tables at once?

Running the merge again is not an option for me because I foolishly deleted the database of Ipb after the merge without making a backup copy first.
Pages: 1 2 3