MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to keep your threads at your root but your forum on a sub folder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking for a way to not contain the /folder-name/ inside the URL for forum display and showthread pages. I'm using the Google SEO Plugin.

Any solution would receive a donation from me. I just want to have my forum display URLS at /forum-display-url/ instead of /folder-name/forum-display-url

Folder name is the Folder the mybb files are at
It will need a plugin if it's even possible.
Can't you make an illusion it is with .Htaccess?
if you want the forum to be in the root folder, can't you just move the whole forum there? that'd be the easiest and probably also cleanest solution... if you just move parts around you'll get problems with relative URLs to images / javascript / etc.
Try this,

In your root, copy paste the .htaccess you created for Google-SEO and change all the entries using the example:

RewriteRule ^forum-([^./]+)\.php$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

to

RewriteRule ^forum-([^./]+)\.php$ folder-name/forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

change all the entries adding the folder-name/ before the entries in htaccess
(2009-10-23, 11:54 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]if you want the forum to be in the root folder, can't you just move the whole forum there? that'd be the easiest and probably also cleanest solution... if you just move parts around you'll get problems with relative URLs to images / javascript / etc.

I agree, that's the best way to do it.
(2009-10-24, 11:24 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Try this,

In your root, copy paste the .htaccess you created for Google-SEO and change all the entries using the example:

RewriteRule ^forum-([^./]+)\.php$ forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

to

RewriteRule ^forum-([^./]+)\.php$ folder-name/forumdisplay.php?google_seo_forum=$1 [L,QSA,NC]

Would that mean the forum would have to be on the root?
I'm slightly confused. I basically want the home page to be called /forum-name/ but the threads to not have /forum-name/ inside it, just be root /sub-forum-name/thread-name/
(2009-10-26, 10:50 AM)kenten Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-24, 11:24 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]Try this,

to

Would that mean the forum would have to be on the root?
I'm slightly confused. I basically want the home page to be called /forum-name/ but the threads to not have /forum-name/ inside it, just be root /sub-forum-name/thread-name/

Forum will be in /forum-name/

The new .htaccess will be in root

Also, if you're using the google seo plugin, you do know you can't use / in the generated urls, so your url will be /thread-thread-name

Again I haven't tested that htaccess myself but *should* work.