MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: admindir question?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What files need to be edit to change the admindir name for it to work?
heloo there

u can whether do it through the config.php

u can also try this

if ur consurn is about for exmaple the ADMIN CP navigation which is beside user cp and logout

then u can change it's url by going to
Admin CP> Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > header_welcomeblock_member_admin

&mdash; <a href="$settings[bburl][color=red]/admin/index.php[/color]">$lang->welcome_admin</a>

see the red part !! this reperesent the path for ur admin directory.

now for example there are other links that needs the admin path, such as the ban user/ edite user in admin cp, which are in the profile of a certain user

u may also need to point to

Admin CP> Templates > Modify / Delete > Expand > members templates > member_profile_adminoptions

and find

<li><a href="admin/index.php?goto=users%2Ephp%3Faction%3Dedit%26uid=$uid">$lang->admin_edit_in_acp</a></li>
<li><a href="admin/index.php?goto=users%2Ephp%3Faction%3Dmanageban%26auid=$uid">$lang->admin_ban_in_acp</a></li>

also u will have to edite the 1st part of the path.

i can't remember if there are other links to the admin cp, but however this is the procedure.

regards

regards
Try that fromt hat link doesn't work i get errors...
what about the other method?

and pls could u list the erros

chaw
xiaozhu Wrote:You might be interested in this...

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=4696
I get a admin/global.php error on line 87 so i go there change the admin there also still get the admin/global.php line 87 error...
heloo there

did u try to change it using the templates??

for the error ur getting make sure not to touch global.php and make sure of the way ur making the path in ./inc/confic.php
/* Admin CP URL */
$config['admindir'] = "newdir";

regards
thanks got it chane now...