MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Template Edits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm attempting some template edits, and managed to edit my pages to various degrees of success.

I have a question though.

How do I change this tag around so that the border (defined in the CSS)shows up?

Quote:<table style="border: 1px solid #806C58;" width="60%"align="center" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">

I tried replacing the "border: 1px solid #806C58;" line with class="tborder" but it didn't work - it messed up the defined width (60%) and filled up the entire table blue (a lighter shade than the bordero colour) instead.

Greetings,
Could you please specify a bit more as to what you are trying to accopmplish (maybe with screenshots too)? What exactly are you trying to put a border around?

Cheers!
Okay, screenshots Smile

See? The one on the right happens after I replaced "border: 1px solid #806C58;" with class="tborder".

I wanted to make it so that the border does not mess up the defined table width (60%) and the lighter shade of blue take after either the first or second alternating table colour.

heloo there,

well i think it's because tboder doesn't have a background, so ur color wont show up.
umm 1st i'd recommend trying the class as class="table"

however my recommendation is making a whole new class
by adding the css code to the bottom of the theme manager, under the additional css code.

for example

.mytable {
    background: #fffff00;
etc.....

they are easy to be done using any web editor.

so just make ur new one with the customaztion u had for ur original page. and use it as the new class so instead of giving that table the class of tborder, give it ur custom made one.

regards
Oh, didn't thought of that! (re: CSS).

One question though. This new class, should it be made in the master style? Or the other themes I have created? I'm thinking maybe the latter, because the colours have to be defined individually, right? Like background: #000000? I have a few themes in the works, all of them have different colours schemes etc.

ETA: What is the variable for username? I tried $formattedname, but it showed up with text decorations, and I don't want that. Nothing appeared when I tried $username. I thought of taking the corresponding code from the postbit template but can't seem to find the username variable.

heloo there,

umm it doesn't matter where u put it, what i mean is, in case u want it to be applied for all ur current themes, you have to put it in the master theme, but in case u want it to be specified for a certain theme, you just put it for that theme.

if u mean by the variable of username, that u want the username to appear somewhere, then u can use this $mybbuser[username]

chaw
$mybbuser[username] shows the viewer's username, not the username of a specific user. Like...say I am viewing your profile, $mybbuser[username] shows my username instead of yours.

ETA: Never mind, found it. It is $memprofile[username] Smile Thank you though Big Grin
ok congratulation, i thought u needed that.

sorry

chaw