MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Display Names
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, do you know IPB 3? It has Display names , its like:

username registers
username choose myname as his display name

so when he posts the name will be shown is: myname instead of username!

*Please enable special characters in the displayable names like /.,*[]()!@#$%^ etc..
So you want a Nickname plugin or what. Sorry i don't fully understand.
oh yes something like that...... so when he posts his username cant be revealed even in his profile but it can enable specials characters in the name
:/ That would mean you have to take out the Username tag in your themes, and use this. Not completely sure ofo that hook.
http://tuts.tabbiestower.info/tut.php?aid=19
Yes. and then show out your nick/fake name! instead of ure username!
Actually this could be done via a plugin. To request a paid plugin service from me visit SCD and post in the support forum.
Well just remove $Username and do that. I don't understand the point but i think this is it. Try it on a test board first.
By done with a plugin I mean no template editing. Thats always nasty business.
Well if your just removing, you can always revert to the original. And i think that and the tut should work.
(2009-10-29, 11:01 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Well if your just removing, you can always revert to the original. And i think that and the tut should work.

The reason I say use a plugin for it instead is because then you can have multiple themes and not have to edit whenever you add a new one. Instead just have a plugin that swaps the value of $username with your custom profile field for your nickname. Pretty small plugin, and I'll make it for $5.
Pages: 1 2