MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good Hosting Name?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I'm trying to think of a good name for a hosting company. I already have MyBBWebHost, but people seem to be under the impression that it is only for MyBB forums. So I want to make a 'normal' web host in addition to it.

I'm having trouble thinking of a name though. I prefer having it end it hosting or host and it has to be a .com.

Another issue is that if another hosting company has a similar domain, then I may lose a customer if the visitor puts in the other URL.

I could take three approaches, like the following:

SOMETHINGhost/hosting.com - Just some random thing put in front of 'host' or 'hosting', but actually meaning something.
I liked lightninghost.com - but it was taken.

SOMETHINGMISPELLEDhost/hosting.com - A word that means something, slightly misspelled.
I actually thought up creativhost.com for a friend, and now I want it :p

RANDOMLETTERShos/hosting.com - Not really sure how much a want it, but if it has a nice ring to it then maybe.
tmdhosting.com

I would appreciate any help thinking something up Smile If I really like the suggestion and use it I'll give you 3 months of free hosting.
revelhost.com
Try to get a word like service or lightning if you'd like to and translate it into different languages (for example with Google Translate).
You might get good results with that method, I was lucky with my last projects Smile
If you want a good name pick a domain that doesn't have "HOST" in it. IMO <WORD>Host.coms are cheap and childish looking. Don't let the domain define the site, let the site define the domain.
reaphost.com?

Reliable
Efficient
Affordable
Professional

Just a thought. Cool
(2009-10-25, 08:02 PM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]reaphost.com?

Reliable
Efficient
Affordable
Professional

Just a thought. Cool
sounds like rape lol...
Zash, for 5 dollar i'm your man. If your interested, PM me Smile
(2009-10-25, 07:52 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]If you want a good name pick a domain that doesn't have "HOST" in it. IMO <WORD>Host.coms are cheap and childish looking. Don't let the domain define the site, let the site define the domain.
Really, from everything I learned, it's a good idea?

hostgator.com
hostmonster.com
justhost.com
dreamhost.com
bluehost.com

Reliable
Efficient
Affordable
Professional

Just a thought. Cool
Yea, it sounds a little like rape. Sorry, not a professional domain name.
FRThost.com and .net i can get you cheap. Had some links in already. also

themasterhost?
(2009-10-25, 09:24 PM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]FRThost.com and .net i can get you cheap. Had some links in already. also
Sounds like FartHost.com to me :p
[quote='T0m' pid='416537' dateline='1256505894']
themasterhost?
Sounds cheesy, and I don't want 'the' in the domain.

Sorry I'm extremely picky about this, since once I choose a domain, I'm stuck with it. If it's going to be three random letters, they should at least sound decent.
(2009-10-25, 09:19 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-25, 07:52 PM)KuJoe Wrote: [ -> ]If you want a good name pick a domain that doesn't have "HOST" in it. IMO <WORD>Host.coms are cheap and childish looking. Don't let the domain define the site, let the site define the domain.
Really, from everything I learned, it's a good idea?

hostgator.com
hostmonster.com
justhost.com
dreamhost.com
bluehost.com

Reliable
Efficient
Affordable
Professional

Just a thought. Cool
Yea, it sounds a little like rape. Sorry, not a professional domain name.

Yea I wouldnt want my hosting to sound like rapehost... Toungue
Pages: 1 2 3 4