MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Game Section (1.2 RC3) - Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB SQL Error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
    1060 - Duplicate column name 'canviewgames'
Query:
    ALTER TABLE `mybb_usergroups` ADD `canviewgames` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', ADD `canplaygames` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', ADD `canplaytournaments` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1', ADD `canaddtournaments` INT(1) NOT NULL DEFAULT '1'; 

I have already deleted all the _games tables.
I've tried to install it before.
You deleted the games tables, but not the keys relating to them from the other tables. That is the "canviewgames" key in the usergroups table.
I was getting carzy searching for this key to delete and I didn't find so I posted here.
Thanks for your help lets see if it worked...
Deleted:
canviewgames
canplaygames
canplaytournaments
canaddtournaments
and some more...

EDITED: It worked now.
Welcome.
This is very common in this plugin. It's a real problem and I never did find out why it happens. I just rewrote the install and deactivate functions but I can't release as it's not my plugin.
Oh... You can't talk with Paretje and ask him to release it like a update?
I think he gave up this project.. his site is inactive...
Quote:Oh... You can't talk with Paretje and ask him to release it like a update?

I ain't the boss of him. Smile

Realistically...you're just out of luck imho and until he comes out and gives up the project to someone else (or GNU/GPL) then it's out of my hands. IMHO...if he is going to abandon it he should just release it. But again..that has to be his decision.
Yea... I think he can't abandon this project... many ideas for other plugins will come with the final release.