MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: need help installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey guys. i have a host and domain. i want to use mybb on the site. ive read through the wiki. i dont know if im uploading to the wrong place but after modifying ./inc/mysql.php i uploaded all files and folders with filezilla. i uploaded the files to /public_ftp/. should they be somewhere else? maybe /www/ or /public-html/.

im really confused. please help me, i would greatly appreciate it
Are you sure you need to edit ./inc/mysql.php?? You only need to do that if your host has a really old version of MySQL.

The files need to go in the public_html folder; you can either put them directly in there (then the URL would be yoursite.com/index.php), or in a folder, for example 'forums' (then the URL would be yoursite.com/forums/index.php).
where do i find the database name?

im really confused. i should have the username and password correct

i get this error when i hit next

"
Error

There seems to be one or more errors with the database configuration information that you supplied:
Could not connect to the database server at 'localhost' with the supplied username and password. Are you sure the hostname and user details are correct?

Once the above are corrected, continue with the installation.
"
Based on that screenshot you haven't made a database yet, your host will be able to tell you exactly where to go to make one.
ok, ill try to email them