MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: bbcode nesting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Am I the only one that gets frustrated that the bbcode won't parse properly if it's not nested EXACTLY right? ie:

[size=x-small][color=#FF0000]text[/color] text[/size] not [color=#FF0000][size=x-small]text[/color] text[/size]

text text
// not //
text text

we get a weird effect in the second one where it colors BOTH 'text', but leaves one small and one normal size. The code should've colored one 'text', but both of them should've been small (like the first example).

Since your quick reply doesn't have any buttons to push for code, most users enter it in manually when responding and don't always understand why it isn't working. I'm not saying some people will format their code this badly but it happens with some other tags too when they aren't in exactly the right order. Also it is rather disheartening that you can't change text colors without stopping one, starting another, stopping, then starting the original again:

[color=#FF0000]All of this text should be red except the word [color=#32CD32]green[/color] see?[/color]

All of this text should be red except the word green see?
EDIT:

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-58487.html

I swear I searched before I posted this UGH. That's annoying.
Its funny you edited your post, I was going to point you there Wink
Yeah I was most definitely frustrated because I searched for it and that thread didn't come up.

I thought nested was a better term than embedded. I didn't even think of the latter.
Nested is a better term I think in this case. However you both meant the same thing Toungue. I would hope this is better managed with 2.0 at least.
Is this a yay or nay for the next version of MyBB? Confused