MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP lacks most text
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just installed MyBB to my VPS server running lighttpd, following the instructions. Everything seems fine except AdminCP which displays without most of the text in buttons and tables. Here is a picture (worth a thousand words..):

What's the deal? I tried searching the forums and looked around, but didn't find anything relevant.

Thanks
First thing that comes to mind that you could do is check that all the language files in inc/languages are uploaded properly, including the admin folder. If need be, remove the inc/languages folder and reupload it again.
(2009-10-26, 11:32 AM)memenode Wrote: [ -> ]I tried searching the forums and looked around, but didn't find anything relevant.

What were your search terms?? There's a lot of threads on this.

As G33K said, this is usually caused when the ./inc/languages/english/admin/ folder or files inside don't exist. It's generally the fault of the FTP client, not the user. If they are there, make sure ./inc/languages/english/admin/ is CHMOD to 755 and the files inside are either 644 or 666.
The language files were there, I unzipped it all on the server. I might have messed up the permissions in there by using the chmod -R. CHMODing ./inc/languages/english/admin/ fixed it.

(2009-10-26, 11:59 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-26, 11:32 AM)memenode Wrote: [ -> ]I tried searching the forums and looked around, but didn't find anything relevant.

What were your search terms?? There's a lot of threads on this.

I searched "admin no text" which got rather diverse results.

Anyway, thanks for your help!