MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: FULL Ajax MyBB!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When we clicking to link, the full page is loading. There isn't tire and this is no need. The logo is big size, some KB. And the profilsystem is good with ajax technology.
What do youthink?AngelCoolLightbulb
I think what you're suggesting is AJAX overkill. If you click links (I assume you mean forums and threads) and have them open with AJAX, how can they be indexed?? I'm under the impression search engines can't crawl pages that are loaded with AJAX.
(2009-10-26, 01:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I think what you're suggesting is AJAX overkill. If you click links (I assume you mean forums and threads) how can they be indexed?? I'm under the impression search engines can't crawl pages that are loaded with AJAX.

I have something SIMILAR under development, but as a module system to prevent forking Smile
(2009-10-26, 01:33 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm under the impression search engines can't crawl pages that are loaded with AJAX.

You just have to make sure that the AJAX is unobtrusive and falls back to a page with the content on it. Similar to the way MyNetwork/Tracker works (turn off javascript and it still works).

An AJAX-powered forum is massive overkill. You might as well code it in flash.
So you suggest we add lots of javascript code because you have an oversized header image?

I have a much better idea. Make a smaller header.

And most browsers will cache an image but normally don't cache xhtml. You can also make the header image css background which also often gets cached by a browser.

In any case...your idea will likely be tossed.
I have this actually. MyBBIT. It needs a new develper. Our last one went afk for a while, so i guess RL got busy for him. I can't release what we have. Our server crashed, and we only have an older version. And a lot of it was code edits. It was around v.01 that i have a backup of.
Also the way we had it set, bots can still index, because there default group doesn't see the ajax. It is a Theme/plugin mix.
AJAXing everything would essentially defeat the purpose of AJAXing it in the first place, seeing how browser cache works :/