MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to add users to MyBB via php mysql?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I already have a website with users populated, i need help making it so when people register on my main website it adds them to the MyBB SQL as well.
You think this would be easy, but i haven't found anyone that has done it.
I do NOT want a system that registers on myBB and adds to my site, has to be other way around.

Is there a easy mySQL insert i could do of some sort? Just curious if i should use mybb or not.

EDIT:
I am using PHP (with mySQL)
Not sure what answer you'd get with this being in the testing and trashing forum, moved to the appropriate forum...
Alright thanks, still looking into it though. Would be nice if someone could help.
Quote: i need help making it so when people register on my main website it adds them to the MyBB SQL as well.

This appears to be a question actually related to your CMS than it does MyBB. If you wanted MyBB signups to be used for your front end that's another matter. However you want to allow members to signup outside of MyBB.

What's your coding skill level? It's likely that hiring someone might be your best option. As simple as it sounds...it could require hours of coding which you will have a hard time finding someone to do that for free.
My coding level is fairly high. (IMO)
I coded my entire site login system using PHP.
I was just wondering if there was a simple way to do a mySQL query outside of myBB, but maybe not.
This is why i am asking if it is possible as well. phpBB wasn't cutting it for me so i thought a upgrade to myBB would suffice to my needs.

Is it possible to do it and if so i was wondering if there was a simple library someone created i could use. Has no one else done this?
If you include the global.php on your non-mybb pages you will be able to use the $mybb and $db classes.
if your already using phpBB, just look at the merge system for migrating existing users to the new mybb table as well as figuring out how to map your custom registration bridge to work with mybb