MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need help to change the look of my forum, last touches!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

Ive made some illustrations to show what I want to change with the default mybb theme so that you can easily understand what I mean. There are mainly 3 simple changes I want to do. I know most of these have to do with the css, but I have spent 2 days looking through it, and I cant make it happen.

1. I want to shorten the space between the categories (look at the illustration see what I mean) to the point that they are barely touching each other.

[attachment=15779]

2. I want to change the color of the forum writing title, last thread and poster name, I also wish to place under lining between them like this: General. The red markings on the pic show the text I want to change.

[attachment=15780]

3. The previous picture has a blue box with the numbers 1 and two, as well. I wish to change the colors of these by duplicating gif files there instead. I have these two that I want to put there that I have taken from a vbulletin theme on the mybboard theme download:

1:

[attachment=15781]

2:

[attachment=15782]

I really hope you guys can help me out, Im almost completely finished with my forum, these are the final touches Smile Thank you
1. Go into your templates and open forumbit_depth1_cat and remove the <br /> at the very bottom.

2. To change that color, go into your theme's CSS, and from the drop down there should be these selections:
a:link - General links that have not yet been clicked by the visitor/user
a:visited - Links that have already been clicked by the visitor/user, and
a:hover, a:active - a:hover is the color links will change to when hovered, and a:active is the color links will change to when clicked on.
Just change the hex value in the 'Color' field and they should change Wink

3. Again, go into your theme's CSS, and this time from the drop down, select .thead. In the 'Background' field, you should see:
#026CB1 url(images/thead_bg.gif) top left repeat-x
Just replace images/thead_bg.gif with the URL of the image you want to use (Image 1)
For image 2, select .tcat from the drop down, and place this in the 'Background' field:
url(IMAGE_URL) top left repeat-x
And obviously replace 'IMAGE_URL' with the URL to image 2.

Hope that helps!
(2009-10-27, 05:38 PM)Joshee Wrote: [ -> ]1. Go into your templates and open forumbit_depth1_cat and remove the <br /> at the very bottom.

2. To change that color, go into your theme's CSS, and from the drop down there should be these selections:
a:link - General links that have not yet been clicked by the visitor/user
a:visited - Links that have already been clicked by the visitor/user, and
a:hover, a:active - a:hover is the color links will change to when hovered, and a:active is the color links will change to when clicked on.
Just change the hex value in the 'Color' field and they should change Wink

3. Again, go into your theme's CSS, and this time from the drop down, select .thead. In the 'Background' field, you should see:
#026CB1 url(images/thead_bg.gif) top left repeat-x
Just replace images/thead_bg.gif with the URL of the image you want to use (Image 1)
For image 2, select .tcat from the drop down, and place this in the 'Background' field:
url(IMAGE_URL) top left repeat-x
And obviously replace 'IMAGE_URL' with the URL to image 2.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so very very very much, Im finished with my site now, finally! Big Grin