MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Light theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, it's a while since I've been here Smile It's good to see all these changes to myBB so good job guys. One thing I'm not so happy to see is the new default theme.

The theme looks good, don't get me wrong, but it's a step backwards in the development of myBB: it uses absolute text sizes. I don't think in the layout that it employs that it would be hard or derogatory to the layout to revert to text sizes that are affected by the text size setting in IE. I think it would be a mistake to overlook this accessibility issue if myBB is to take off as a first choice for developers.
Hey Lobster. I didn't see this thread earlier which is why I haven't replied.

You should notice now that MyBB uses the CSS for pretty much everything to do with design, and the old and now depreciated <font size="2"> etc tags are no longer used. Absolute text sizes are currently in use, not because I didn't look into relative text sizes, but because of the "inheritiance" that web browsers seem to do with using em's for text sizes. The results of this do not appear as expected, they sizes get inherited. For example, if you had an em of 0.5 somewhere, then an em of 0.75 inside the area which has the 0.5, it would end up like 0.5x0.75 = 0.375 which is not the expected result. It should show the inside element as 0.75.

I hope you understand what I mean by this.

We are always looking for solutions and work arounds though.
I looked into this and thought it was frustrating that there were units like the size="3" html tags provided, but it is possible. You can use the following little words which work based on the browser's size settings:

xx-small
x-small
small
medium
large
x-large
xx-large
(IE3 Compatible)

smaller
larger
(IE4 Compatible)
(All NN4 Compatible)
Thanks Lobster. I had actually forgotten about that. I have placed the settings into effect on here and in the release. Tell me what you think Smile
Fantastic Big Grin

Good job