MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google wave = Death of every other form of communication
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Seriously, Google wave will change how we communicate in the internet today.. Making other forms of communication insignificant (IM's, Forums, Blogging(?), Social networking)

Everyone should take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ
I signed up for that but didn't get accepted :/

Im still lost on what it actually is however Toungue
Eagerly awaiting my invite...
Rolleyes Same...
(2009-10-28, 01:57 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, Google wave will change how we communicate in the internet today.. Making other forms of communication insignificant (IM's, Forums, Blogging(?), Social networking)

Everyone should take a look

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_UyVmITiYQ

It could but I doubt it will. Having everything managed in place sounds great but well I just don't see it happening.
I think that the problem with Wave is that it tries to be too much, trying to replace several systems that a lot of people are already used to, and some people would prefer to keep separate.
I liked the e-mail and IM new concept, but Waves extends way too much. I think it would actually kill the internet, because you don't need to visit any other website but waves, or another website supporting waves.
I will test and then complain or applaud Big Grin
Does it work well for people with slow internet connections, including high latency?
(2009-10-28, 01:57 AM)kjaonline Wrote: [ -> ]Google wave = Death of every other form of communication

I beg to differ. Not everyone is a fan and while I like the look of it, I know some people who I email, MSN, Skype or chat to on a forum won't "convert" to Wave. That means I either stop being friends with these people or just carry on using the things I have. Shy

Yumi's right - does it work on a modem connection? There's still millions of people who live in the UK that don't even have a 1mbps "broadband" connection. I'd hate to see it on their connection.

What's more interesting is what Microsoft or Apple will do about it. Handbags at dawn.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5