MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: cache getting caught up on board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well my site www.neutralipod.net everytime I upload something new like a part of the theme new delete the old upload the new you can say I got to the page refresh it put it does not load. I soon figure out if I clear the cache (crtl+f5) it will be there, any idea why this would be happening? Is there a way to fix this?

200 posts yikes!
I'm assuming the simplest way would be to prevent caching of images, but that means longer page load times :p
I don't mind the work as long as it works in the end.
Simple, pop this in the header template of your forums Smile

<meta http-equiv="pragma" content="no-cache" />
Alright I added it, hope it works.
It's an issue with your browser, it seems. If there was a problem with MyBB, then a ctrl-F5 wouldn't fix the problem.

Playing with the settings for the cache will help solve the problem in your browser.

MyBB has a default method for no caching. Go to Server and Optimization Options and turn Send No Cache Headers to "Yes".
go to configurations >
Server and Optimization Options

Send No Cache Headers
With this option you can prevent caching of the page by the browser.
[ yes ]
There is no thing called sever optimization under the acp of mybb under configuration.
there is, just ctrl+f and search for servers Wink i forgot about the no cache headers :p
Alright found it i guess i will move the thing out of the header now.
Pages: 1 2