MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: CSS problem I'm having
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

In the CSS/Themes editor (MyBB version 1.00) I'm having a problem with the "Bottom Links Menu (Customized in this style)" part.

The size I want for the font is 7px, so I put '7px' in the 'Font size' textbox. It didn't change. I can enter in any value I want now and it still won't change the font size for the "Bottom Links Menu (Customized in this style)".

Why won't it change? This seems to be my only problem right now.

Thanks,
Andy
Maybe a bug. Chris always fixes them so damn fast. Wink
well i checked it, umm and i have used the size 70px to make sure what's happening, so i found, that the table height changes instead, but i checked the css in the sql db, and it's correct. i dont know why

chaw

--------------------------------------------------------------------
i guess i found it
if u look in the template for the footer u may find this

<span class="smalltext"><a href="$settings[contactlink]">$lang->bottomlinks_contactus</a> | <a href="$settings[homeurl]">$settings[homename]</a> | <a href="#top">$lang->bottomlinks_returntop</a> | <a href="#content">$lang->bottomlinks_returncontent</a> | <a href="archive/index.php">$lang->bottomlinks_litemode</a> | <a href="$settings[bburl]/misc.php?action=syndication">$lang->bottomlinks_syndication</a></span>

this is the actually bottom menu, u may look at the class and find out , that it's smalltext, so whether u change the theme for the smalltext, or edit it manually in the template.

chaw
Thanks, that worked!

Now I'm having another problem for some reason
.smalltext a:link {
	color: #8D8D8D;
}
.smalltext a:visited {
}
.smalltext a:hover {
        text-decoration: underline;
}
.smalltext a:active {
}

Not sure why, but I added that in the 'Extra CSS Attributes' box, and it's not changing the 'smalltext' elements at all.
heloo there,

umm at this stage u may edit the links formatting under the Bottom Links Menu class.

many regards
Thanks Zaher, but for some reason that's not working for me. Sad
Try this:
a.smalltext:link {
}
a.smalltext:visited {
}
a.smalltext:hover {
text-decoration: underline;
}
a.smalltext:active {
}
zaher1988 Wrote:umm at this stage u may edit the links formatting under the Bottom Links Menu class.

it worked for me, what i meant was to set color from the theme manager under Bottom Links Menu table. u know the 3 part, the active hover and visited. trust me i tried to and i worked it out.

coz the class of the table for the bottom menu as u know is bottommenu. and small text class doesn't affect on the link, so just apply as i menitoned few lines before. Smile

many regards
I hate to say it, but Michael's code didn't work either.
Maybe my forum is just screwed. Confused

I don't want to publicize my forum's URL right now because I want to keep it private for a little while since it is not yet officially open. Could I maybe PM you guys the links and show you the problem I am having?
You guys don't have to - but if you guys could take a look at it, it would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Andy
Alright AndyM3, as i have mentioned no need for any code.
just edit the links color of the bottom menu from the theme manager.
i told u Smile it worked for me Smile have a look at my testings board.

anyway, i could make it for u Smile

see ya