MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Would like to ad advertisements to my bb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!
I'd like to have advertisements on my bb with something like adsense, or some other way of automatically getting relevant ads, in order to "monetize" the forum. Any suggestions on the best way, and/or the best plugin to do this? I found an AdSense plugin, but the download file is .rar format and I have no idea what to do with that filetype.
Also, will I need to change themes if I do this (I guess ads would be on the left and right side of the forums and so I'm wondering if the plugin will handle re-sizing the forum to allow space for the ads, or if I need a specific theme)?
Thanks in advance! Heart
Sharon
You need WinRAR or WinZIP to extract the .rar file.
WinRAR Download link (select you OS): http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm

After download the WinRAR:
1- Download the AdSense plugin;
2- Right-Click it and select extract here or extrat to;
3- DONE, just upload the files to the folder.

(2009-10-28, 03:14 PM)sharon123 Wrote: [ -> ]Also, will I need to change themes if I do this (I guess ads would be on the left and right side of the forums and so I'm wondering if the plugin will handle re-sizing the forum to allow space for the ads, or if I need a specific theme)?
Thanks in advance! Heart
Sharon

The plugin will do all changes that need to be made.
If you have to change anything it will be in the readme.txt into the .rar file or in the mod page.
Thanks Skiilz! That worked... now I'm just waiting for G to approve my adsense acct and give my PUB number. I don't see any control over where/how ads will appear - is that not possible with this plugin? There was already a PUB number entered (I guess a default number?) but I don't see anything on the forum - should I?
Thanks again! Heart