MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WIP - OpenInferno Deluxe
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Here is another project I have been working on.

It's using the main MyBB style whilst focusing on taking full advantage of CSS3 and AJAX available. I am going to try and further reduce text on the page with more simpler images, making things more easily accessible.

Not got that much done, just the main colours and ideas noted down.

Second picture shows on an admin/mod login, the admin link being in the top menu and the mod link being in the submenu

Screenshot
[Image: Deluxe-MyBB.png]

[Image: Deluxe-MyBB-2.png]

URL
OpenInferno Deluxe Screenshot - 1
OpenInferno Deluxe Screenshot - 2

Any comments/suggestions please,
Lewis @ OpenInferno
Some updated images. This is of the attachment area and the post styles.

[Image: Deluxe-MyBB-3.png]

(http://www.openinferno.com/images/design...MyBB-3.png)

More to come!
Nice work I rate it 8.5/10.
The index has a phpbb default feel to me, most likely just me Toungue but other then that 9/10
The on/off images are similar to phpbb
Somehow, I think you stole this theme (just like your last "project")
Confused Has the SMF feel *shudders*
(2009-10-29, 01:30 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]Nice work I rate it 8.5/10.

(2009-10-29, 01:34 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]The index has a phpbb default feel to me, most likely just me Toungue but other then that 9/10

(2009-10-29, 01:36 AM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]The on/off images are similar to phpbb

(2009-10-29, 03:00 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow, I think you stole this theme (just like your last "project")

(2009-10-29, 03:20 AM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: [ -> ]Confused Has the SMF feel *shudders*

Right honestly this is pathetic. My parents can vouch that literally I spent all yesterday working on this.

The project was converted from MY ICT GCSE coursework that I did 2 years back, whereby I had to create a website and produced the following. Blue is my favourite colour so I adapted onto it, using shades of blue that I had used, body text, border, header, navigation etc..

[Image: OldCoursework.png]

But wait no, you guys are telling me it's from SMF AND phpBB, that is just magic.. Sorry but I will just not share if every time I do I am merely going to get criticised for "stealing" it, Zash!

And for the record, not once have I used SMF or phpBB, and from checking there, the on/off images are not at all alike

[Image: forum_unread.gif] != [Image: on.png]

The above image is nowhere near my "off.png" image! And as for the index being similar, I don't see any similar features, the header/user options are completely different, which you can still see the original MyBB format, so I don't see how its from phpBB!

Eurgh, clearly furious, but anyhow I work on to get this completed, with or without anyone's feedback.

Well, today I am going to update the table styles. Now the CSS pathway is complete I am going to start incorporating images, focusing on making a sleek looking effect on the tables, with some table hover effects using CSS3 conditionals (which I checked, are cross-browser)

Thanks!
Lewis @ OpenInferno
Well give me a reason to believe you after you tried to steal and take credit for that Halloween skin?
Just from looking at the preview, the off icons look similar to phpBB 2 icons, not phpBB3.

If this is an original, then you did a great job. But don't blame people for their accusations...you didn't exactly create a good first impression with your previous WIP thread.
(2009-10-29, 10:19 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]Well give me a reason to believe you after you tried to steal and take credit for that Halloween skin?

(2009-10-29, 10:21 AM)Gordie Wrote: [ -> ]Just from looking at the preview, the off icons look similar to phpBB 2 icons, not phpBB3.

If this is an original, then you did a great job. But don't blame people for their accusations...you didn't exactly create a good first impression with your previous WIP thread.

Oh, I've never seen the phpBB2 icons, but it is most certainly not from there.

And Zash, as long as I know that nothing is "stolen" then I don't need you to believe me, as long as I know I can credit myself for something which I did do, so it is cool.

Just a little update. Started to change the category header/footer and adding some effects onto the rows, which I admit, is not my idea, but my graphics. I like the idea, think it looks good Smile

I also added some new template bits, the adminCP link is in the header navigation box, with userCP/modCP located in the submenu

[Image: Deluxe-MyBB-4.png]

Going to create some nice corners for the category header parts I think with some graphics on them.
Pages: 1 2 3