MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error after database configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I want to merge data from MySQL IPB 2.3.1 to Postgres MyBB. After I fill form with IPB DB config there is error:

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
42601 - ERROR: syntax error at end of input LINE 1: ALTER TABLE forum_users ^
Query:
ALTER TABLE forum_users

Any help?
I've triend SQLite as MyBB backend - no success too.

Creating fields for tracking data during the Merge process (This may take a while)...
Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1 near "pid": syntax error
Use PHPMyAdmin to check the problem, maybe it's the ^ sign that ruins.
Noo... I think ^ sign is just to show where error occurs. As far I see there is missing whole query after "TABLE" (there should be something after that I think). IPB MySQL to MyBB MySQL works. After that (there are 700,000 posts lol) I will try convert MyBB MySQL to MyBB Postgresql.
I'm not totally sure if it can convert the actual database type too, I'll see if a dev can help.
MyBB MySQL -> MyBB PgSQL fails with the same error.
(2009-10-29, 08:14 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not totally sure if it can convert the actual database type too, I'll see if a dev can help.

I'm pretty sure your right. I don't think it was designed to be used with 2 different database types.