MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cross browser compatibility issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm completely stumped on this one.

I've been designing a theme on a development forum and now as I import it to my live site, the alignment and CSS is off. HOWEVER...this is only in Firefox.

What's odd is that my development forum rendered just fine in Firefox and IE.

Now the live site only renders properly in IE, but not Firefox. Huh

I would send out a direct link, but the sizing is off and urking me and I reverted to my old theme. Instead I took some quick screenshots so you can see what I'm talking about.

Here is the live site viewed from Firefox: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/Si...x_prod.jpg

Here is the live site viewed from IE: http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q7/Si...e_prod.jpg

Anyone have any ideas?

Once I resolve this issue, I will be sure to share this theme. lol
Remove the icons you have there with img tags and it will work.

Is just a though lol but try it, I think that's what causing it. Just use CSS instead by adding padding to the left of each icons and add the image icon as background for each link
(2009-10-29, 12:08 AM)combus Wrote: [ -> ]Remove the icons you have there with img tags and it will work.

Is just a though lol but try it, I think that's what causing it. Just use CSS instead by adding padding to the left of each icons and add the image icon as background for each link

Thanks for the suggestion, that might work...but notice how the overall width is smaller on Firefox vs. IE? That is what's causing the top menu to bunch up. I have the width sized at 1220 pixels, yet Firefox doesn't render that properly...that's one of the main thing urking me. Also some of the fonts are not showing up properly (I'm going to scope out the CSS file again for that).

I'm going to tweak things around a bit offline to see what else I can find. Undecided
Hmm, lets see since I don't have time to visit your site right now and view the source and the style.css, my only suggestion is for you to send me the style.css in RAW format meaning the code format via PM. I will go over it and fix things that need to be fixed if everything is fine I will add necessary adjustments to the CSS coding to allow it to work on multi browser platforms.
Thanks! PM sent.

What I don't get is how it works fine on one site (development), but not too well on the other (live). =/
OKAY

So I figured out the problem. It's not related to my theme or CSS coding at all.

It appears the issue is the Firefox install on my computer. I figured this out when I viewed the forum through a virtual machine and then did a clean reinstall of Firefox on my computer.

Thank you guys for taking the time to read this, I will release the theme once I finish some other tweaks. Smile