MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Major Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
SO I have two major suggestions I'm gonna break to you. NOTE that these special features are going to be in my own Forum Software as well. (ForumDiversity)

Post Drafts:
Post drafts is a system built in for a user where he / she posts and doesn't loose anything after 1-5 minutes (depends if the admin sets it for.)

For example, if your writing a very long post and is worried you might loose it, such as accidentally pressing the back button, or submitted it and the server is all of a sudden down, power outage in your home, Internet connection failed, ect.

But with post drafts it saves it to your profile post drafts every so often as your typewriting. In this case you won't loose anything and can continue it whenever you'd like.

It saves time and your anger from smashing your computer.

Audio Post:
Audio post is a post feature where the thread starter can have a MIC conversation rather then typing it in. A record button will be optional and the poster can record their voice of the conversation up to 3 minutes or as specified by the admin. Have a real conversation with this person. Rather then all that reading. It will do great in articles and other stuff that you can make up.
You mean like in WordPress and GMail where it saves it every X minutes?? Could be useful.

However I would eat my own shoes if the audio thing was put in core.
(2009-10-29, 10:08 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]You mean like in WordPress and GMail where it saves it every X minutes?? Could be useful.

It could be, I have lots of trouble loosing my work Rolleyes

(2009-10-29, 10:08 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]However I would eat my own shoes if the audio thing was put in core.
I don't know what you meant by that.
(2009-10-29, 10:28 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]<snip>

(2009-10-29, 10:08 AM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]However I would eat my own shoes if the audio thing was put in core.
I don't know what you meant by that.

Pick up a shoe, try and eat it...how does it make you feel? Yeah, exactly, thats what he meant! Toungue (j/k)

On Topic, yeah that auto save draft sounds like a good addition.
Well the audio post is really hard. But if you can imagine how attachments work and with all that AJAX embedded it will make it easy for the person wanting to do that.
(2009-10-29, 11:00 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]Well the audio post is really hard. But if you can imagine how attachments work and with all that AJAX embedded it will make it easy for the person wanting to do that.

While it may seem like an attractive feature something like this would imo end up just being bloatware with little use. For the amount of work that would be required to get something like that embedded it just is not worth it.
You know I've always wanted to bloat my hosting with .wav files that are only listened to once /sarcasm
(2009-10-29, 11:14 PM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]You know I've always wanted to bloat my hosting with .wav files that are only listened to once /sarcasm

And i also see the practicality on a forum :p Too much load and why? you got youtube :p
(2009-10-29, 11:39 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-10-29, 11:00 AM)MadZula Man Wrote: [ -> ]Well the audio post is really hard. But if you can imagine how attachments work and with all that AJAX embedded it will make it easy for the person wanting to do that.

While it may seem like an attractive feature something like this would imo end up just being bloatware with little use. For the amount of work that would be required to get something like that embedded it just is not worth it.

I second that. Also there is the fact that not everyone will have the ability to listen to audio in certain places. I'd rather have text while at work/school/etc...
I like the auto save idea as I have lost several posts by accidentally closing my browser or it crashing and things like that. I also wouldn't mind being able to go back to them later to work on before posting. This could be particularly useful for writing large threads.
Pages: 1 2