MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: plugin that allows posting to mybb using my gmail
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi

Is there any plugin that will allow posting to mybb forum from my gmail by sending mail

for example blogger allow me to post blogs by sending mail to particular mail id

can we make something like that in mybb.. I m sure many people like that
I dont know. I dont like that form. Good luck.
Then you'd need to have a way to have the board mail out the replies to the thread, or they'd have to visit to see the thread... and if they have to visit then they can just post when they visit. I think the idea is silly and far from useful or needed. If you want that type of communication you'd have more luck with a blog or a mailing list.
I frankly do not see the point, seems lazy :/
I believe this will never come with MyBB but maybe a plugin?
(2009-10-31, 03:47 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]I believe this will never come with MyBB but maybe a plugin?

Sure not a plugin I'd waste my time on heh. Unless I was paid. And even then I'd be constantly asking myself "Whats the point?"
Someone should intregrate OpenID.
i had built a script on my old site that sat on the server and it's what I piped one particular address to that would parse the email subject and body and manually enter the info into a specific forum as a new thread/post.

however, since email formats are widely varying, text, html, images, attachments, etc it got to a be a PITA to keep updated with the various types of mail that address was getting. plus if and email came in that was not intended to be posted, it would post regardless.

so it is possible. when i converted to myBB, i changed to rss2post instead