MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do I use the css.php instead of the global.css from cache?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

In every theme I made, I was always using css.php to handle the style. Though, with this fresh installation of MyBB, it's pulling the CSS from a global.css on a cache. How do I stop this from happenning and return to use css.php instead?

Also, I need to change this because the cache does not update the changes I've done to the global.css recently.

Thanks,
Combus
Bump? I don't know why it changes to the cache, but I never get ther results I want.
Hmm, there is a trick a timestamps trick I think in the index.php or where ever else it states to include global.css you need to include time() unless I am wrong but that should do as the code should come up like this globa.css?1005634
Where are you making changes to the global.css? If you're making the changes through the editor in admincp, the file should have been regenrated and hence updates should have shown up. If you're making changes in the actual global.css file in the cache, the changes will never show up as the file will just be regenerated.

If you really really want to use css.php instead of cached css files, then make the ./cache folder not writable by the server and delete any themes folder in the cache folder.