MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Want to make a good MyBB theme, but don't know what to do...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been itching to make a MyBB theme lately - and not just any MyBB theme: a good one. I plan on taking my time with this, and releasing it however long it takes, no deadlines no anything.

Problem is, I can't think of anything that's really worth the trouble. I've started about 7 or so drafts since yesterday, and I've scrapped all of them. If you can think of something that you REALLY want, I'd consider making it - and I plan on making sure that it is premium quality.
Well here a couple ideas, I'm not looking for a theme I just thought I would suggest it...

- Darker Theme
- Fixed, about 85% width
- Rounded corners
- 3D trow's

If I think of anymore Ideas ill post them Smile
(2009-10-30, 02:28 AM)Skyance Wrote: [ -> ]Well here a couple ideas, I'm not looking for a theme I just thought I would suggest it...

- Darker Theme
- Fixed, about 85% width
- Rounded corners
- 3D trow's

If I think of anymore Ideas ill post them Smile
It will have CSS3 elements such as rounded corners.

And you can't have a fixed 85% width theme :p

(Yes it will be fixed)
(2009-10-29, 11:43 PM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]I've been itching to make a MyBB theme lately - and not just any MyBB theme: a good one. I plan on taking my time with this, and releasing it however long it takes, no deadlines no anything.

Problem is, I can't think of anything that's really worth the trouble. I've started about 7 or so drafts since yesterday, and I've scrapped all of them. If you can think of something that you REALLY want, I'd consider making it - and I plan on making sure that it is premium quality.

Im right there with ya, Zash. I love making MyBB themes, and I am always trying to make them unique, I just can never think of any ideas. It doesnt help that I only know HTML and CSS, so I cant do to many unique things, but still, I can never think of what I want it to look like, and even if I do, I suck at graphics, so I cant make it still Toungue

I dont really have any ideas for you, obviously because of what I just stated Toungue
Just try making it unique. One of the things you should make really unique is the postbit. Almost nobody makes that unique.
@Joshee, I plan on making it very unique and different. I
know that I will probably end up having at least 10 different trow classes - It will be complex
(2009-10-30, 02:34 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]@Joshee, I plan on making it very unique and different. I
know that I will probably end up having at least 10 different trow classes - It will be complex

If you do that you should put a warning in the release that its for advanced web designers only Toungue
maybe redesign the profile page? Give it a different "feel"?
A lot of people are asking about new profiles, not that I think there's a lot wrong with the default one, but maybe make it look a bit different.

Just stay away from vb type profiles...I personally don't think they're all that!
To be honest, I'm coming up with a kick-lime theme. I have pages and pages of drafts, and I have to say, I wet my pants everytime I look at them.

If you want a great theme, start with a simple concept. Think of ways to make it easier for the user to post, to view forums and to navigate between categories. Sometimes, the easier things are the better it is.
(2009-10-30, 02:34 AM)Zash Wrote: [ -> ]@Joshee, I plan on making it very unique and different. I

When I am looking for ideas or inspration I always Google around for nifty websites. Just Google "best designs" or "web design ideas", you know stuff like that.

Well I wish you good luck!
I thought fixed themes were themes that wernt full width?
Pages: 1 2