MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installation failed - Godaddy.com free hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm a very new user, and I'm trying to get this software to work, but running into some issues.

I've uploaded the content to my site. Checked/fixed permissions as indicated in the instructions.

I created a MySQL database (v5) through my host.

I go to the root/forum/install virtual directory, and the installation comes up. Agree to license, get the installation checklist, and everything checks out.

I enter the DB details per the hosting management console I have and it connects, creates the tables and everything.

Then it says it's going to populate the tables, and something goes wrong. It asks me if I want to upgrade, or do a fresh installation. I pick fresh installation and it says it's already installed...

I then try going the upgrade option and it asks for a username and password (which I haven't set up yet... install never got that far.)

I'm at a loss as for what to do. Should I just delete the whole Forum subdirectory, and the MySQL database and try again?

Not sure what went wrong.

Thanks for the help!
So it gets to the table population step, then goes back to the start...??
(2009-10-30, 01:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So it gets to the table population step, then goes back to the start...??

Exactly. Since I never got the configuration steps I'm fine with starting over, I'm just afraid that I'll get the same result. Any suggestions for salvaging this installation, or things to check so a re-attempt won't likewise fail?

Thanks for the quick reply!
That's most odd Toungue You could try reuploading the ./install/ folder and it's contents again and trying to install again, see if it works then, maybe a file's been corrupted or something... if not, we can do it a different way and import a pre-installed database, which would get you to the same position you'd be in if the installer finished properly.
(2009-10-30, 01:54 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's most odd Toungue You could try reuploading the ./install/ folder and it's contents again and trying to install again, see if it works then, maybe a file's been corrupted or something... if not, we can do it a different way and import a pre-installed database, which would get you to the same position you'd be in if the installer finished properly.

Ok, I deleted and re-uploaded the installation directory, and it still loops back to the startup when I click next. Would you be so kind as to provide the pre installed database? I'm excited about setting this up, so thanks for the help!
OK, I've resolved the issue.

Turns out the installation scripts do not like Internet Explorer 8, even in compatibility mode.

I loaded google chrome, and re-attempted the installation, and it went through without a hitch.

Thanks!

Might want to advise users (maybe you already have) that IE8 doesn't work properly (big surprise).

Cheers - Big Grin