MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: usergroup problem when converting from PHPBB2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i have converted my forum from phpbb2 and everything is fine except for the usergroups, in my phpbb2 forum the usergroups held the forum permissions, so a user could be a member of 2 different user groups what happened when i converted is that the usergroups do get converted across but all the users are put in 1 group so in effect all the users have access to the whole forum, is there something thati have done wrong? the mybb forum was set up on my laptop first so isnt live yet but i have screenshotted the user groups so you can see what i mean
no doubt its something silly thati have missed, but thanks for taking the time to help
[Image: mybb.jpg]
Hmm, it maybe the converter only puts them into the main group instead of their sub-groups as well. I'm sure there would be a way to have both groups be there when the user is converted but you'll have to wait for a dev.
Isn't the ability to multi-group in phpBB2 a mod? The merger system only handles stock in that regard. You could tweak the module to handle them all easily enough though. I can look tomorrow when I get home if no one else has solved this for you by then.
cheers mate, i didnt know it was an add on,