MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Creating my first theme, need some help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone

I'm myBB user for almost two years and I love it. However there are not many themes that I really like, and those which I like I don't need at the moment Big Grin

But back to the subject...

I need some help, I'm creating (or will try to create) a theme for World of Warcraft fansite. I already started with it, made a header and footer, found some cool images etc. But I have problems with some things and I would like your help if you know how to help me.

So first...
My theme will have fixed width. I will use some image for the background and I want to use images for some borders too. It will be mostly in blue color (Wrath of the Lich King - WOW). When I finish it I'll probably release it for free here. I will do my best to make it great Wink

And the first problems I ran into are.. borders!
Here's the link to the Index page of myBB so that you know what am I talking about.
http://community.mybboard.net/attachment.php?aid=9871

Now, the questions...

I would like to have an image border around the #container and only on the sides. How to do that?

I would like to have an image border around forums and category, and board statistics container (I think it's named .tborder on the picture above), but I want that image border to be only from the outside, and on the inside I would use regular color border. How do I do that?

And that's it for now. Please if you are replying to me give me as much details as you can (for example if I need to edit the templateThemes, please give me the exact location of the template/themes and what code to add/change/delete).

I have already tried some things with borders, I've tried giving the background image to .tborder for example but it didn't word. Also I have tried in #container adding CSS code like this: border-left: url(images/blabla.gif); and stuff like that but nothing worked. So please before you give me an answer test it first, I thought my methods will work but apparently it's not that simple.

I will have more question probably so if you don't mind after we solve this issue I will continue asking questions in this thread considering the myBB theme I'm working on.

Thank you
Drazen
Image borders can be difficult... I can't quite remember of the top of my head how MyBB does it's borders... but if it uses background colour you could try changing it to background image... just a guess...
I remeber doing something like this.. it was a waste of time and effort :L