MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Master Favourite Posts 1.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Plugin: Master Favourite Posts
Version: 1.1
Compatability: 1.6*
Price: FREE
Description: Allows users to add posts they like in their favourite list to avoid searching for the same post again and again. Adds a link in UserCP for quick access.

Installation:

NOTE: If you are upgrading from version 1.0 to version 1.1, it is very important that you follow the steps given below:

UPGRADATION:

1. Copy mfp_10_to_11.php on MYBB Root directory.
2. Access files through browser.
3. Click on Do Backup.
4. Uninstall the plugin.
5. Delete old plugin files.
6. Upload new plugin files.
7. Install the plugin.
8. Back to mfp_10_to_11.php and click on Do Restore.
9. Check that old favourite posts are back into table.
10. Once confirmed, click on Do Cleanup.
11. Tantadaan! Its done Smile

I know guys it might be little tedious but so far this is the quickest solution I could think as of now.

FRESH INSTALLATION:

1. Upload the inc, images, jscripts folder & master_favourite_post.php to your MyBB installation directory.
2. Go to your Admin-CP and click Plugins.
3. Click Install & Activate.

Configuration:
Configure the settings in your Admin-CP >> Configuration >> Board Settings >> Master Favourite Posts.

Customization:
In your Admin-CP go to Templates & Style >> Templates >> Global Templates and edit templates starting with mfp_%.
Usercp icon can be changed at Templates & Style >> Themes >> Default >> master_favourite_post.css

Changelog:

Version 1.1:
1. Made compatible with MyBB 1.6.
2. Added provision to specify error message in case a member exceeds allowed favourite posts.
3. Favourite add / remove buttons will be shown in classic post bit as well.
4. Resolved bugs related to table prefix and variable referance.
5. Added new image for usercp link.

Download:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/my-favourite-posts

Preview:
[Image: 23184-1281982683-preview_fav_list.png]

[Image: 23184-1281982692-preview_postbit.png]

[Image: 23184-1281982674-preview_add_detail.png]

[Image: 23184-1281982703-preview_usercp.png]

Thanks for this plugin.
This works with a few changes in my_fav_post.php file.
(2009-11-01, 06:05 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for this plugin.
This works with a few changes in my_fav_post.php file.

Please share those changes so that if I have missed out something in plugin, I can add it Smile
I think you forgot about ".TABLE_PREFIX." in each the $select_query.
Seems that adding ".TABLE_PREFIX." is not the only one that is missing... Huh
(2009-11-01, 06:37 PM)RateU Wrote: [ -> ]I think you forgot about ".TABLE_PREFIX." in each the $select_query.

thanks, i did modification, awaiting for more suggestions so that i can prepare the upload once again and update the file..
(2009-11-01, 06:54 PM)Jockl Wrote: [ -> ]Seems that adding ".TABLE_PREFIX." is not the only one that is missing... Huh

please let me know what other things are missing, i will be more than happy to adopt all the changes which can make this plugin better for use Smile
The problem for me is only about the ".TABLE_PREFIX." in that file. After I modified the code, this plugin works. Good plugin. It is very useful for me. Thank you very much, mastermunj.
Sorry, now it is working for me as well. You have to chande following lines in my_fav_post.php in the root directory:

$select_query = "SELECT f.*, p.subject FROM m_my_fav_post f join m_posts p on f.pid = p.pid
and f.uid=$uid ORDER BY $sort_by $order";

replace with
$select_query = "SELECT f.*, p.subject FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."my_fav_post f join ".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p
on f.pid = p.pid and f.uid=$uid ORDER BY $sort_by $order";

and

$select_query = "SELECT f.*, p.subject FROM m_my_fav_post f RIGHT JOIN m_posts p ON f.pid = p.pid
AND f.uid = $uid WHERE p.pid = $pid";

replace with
$select_query = "SELECT f.*, p.subject FROM ".TABLE_PREFIX."my_fav_post f RIGHT JOIN
".TABLE_PREFIX."posts p ON f.pid = p.pid AND f.uid = $uid WHERE p.pid = $pid";

Thank you for this plugin! Smile

Edit:
perhaps you could also integrate an according change of the postbit_classic Template as well.
thanks guys, I made necessary changes and re-uploaded the file, it is again in validation stage. it will be available for download as soon as verified again Smile
File attached with the thread till plugin is in approval stage.
Sorry, one more question:

I started to translate the lang-file into german. However, the template usercp_nav_misc always uses the english version "My Favourite Posts". Do have any idea what to do, that the plugin uses the german lang-file?

Thank you in advance! Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4