MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Shrinking Avatars
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey not sure if this is the right place . . .

I am an Admin to this forum:

http://www.friends-of-nature.net/bb/

This only seems to happen to me, no-one else has the same problem, every time I go to change my avatar under my user name it shrinks considerably in size.

For example I wanted this one:

[Image: prod_444_14808.gif]

I went into the Admin page & changed it & this is what happened:

[Image: Picture1.png]
It squashed!

When I right clicked properties, it said this:

[Image: Picture2.png]
Why is it scaling to 101px x 77px?

I'm not asking it to & if I change someone else's avatar it comes up the right size - for example this is one I did for someone not so long ago, on my laptop via Admin:

[Image: Picture3.png]
No scaling issue.

It wasn't always like this, it decided to change in the last year & as far as I know none of the two other Admins on the site has been fiddling, so I'm at a loss & wondered if anyone could shed any light on it?

Thank you Rolleyes
Go to ACP > Configuration > in the settings search box type avatar, and you'll get some settings for avatar dimensions; these include avatar dimensions for various places, and whether large avatars are resized or not.
Hey thanks for your help, only trouble is we don't have the new version, I didn't originally set the forum up, a friend did & he's changed the max dimensions to 320x320 and size 100kb but he did that before & it still doesn't work for my account & my account only - which is totally bizarre in it's way. We are behind the times, our version is 1.2.13, I suppose that poses a slight problem.
Oh, unfortunately 1.2 hasn't been supported here for a few months as it's well over a year old. And none of us have used it in that time. It's highly recommended you upgrade to 1.4.9 as soon as possible.

[Wiki: Upgrading] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
Well unfortunately it's not up to me, so looks like I'm stuck with the avatars as they are. Thanks for your help anyway.
If you, or whoever did setup the forum, needs any help with upgrading, we'd be more than happy to help, or even do it for you if you'd like. Security updates for 1.2 are only going to be supplied until December 31st, after that, it will be completely dropped.