MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AJAX not working anywhere :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey again,

AJAX does not seem to be working anywhere on the board, not when quick replying, quoting...etc. I've tried re-uping jscripts folder but still no luck.

Any help would be great.

Demo user:

username: demo
pass: pass1234

Url: http://www.gamerzhill.com

Try posting a quick reply for an easy example of what I'm talking about. Or you can try pressing [Image: postbit_multiquote.gif] for the javascript quote, it'll redirect you to page and say 'false' at the top.

Thanks in advance for any help!

*Edit*: Ajax seems fine in ACP.
The quick edit and star ratings are working.
Yes, you're right.

But not quick reply or quoting. Sad
Well, all the javascript files seem to be included in the source properly... go to ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Server and Optimization Options > make sure this is set to yes. If it is, make sure settings.php is CHMOD to 666, and if it's already 666, try turning the setting off, saving, and turning it on again.
Checked permissions of settings.php, it is 666. I don't get it Matt.

ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Server and Optimization Options > Yes

The part in bold does not exist. Hmm, turn what settings on and off? The above ones?

Under Server and Optimization Options, there are settings like 'Enable Search Engine Friendly URLs'...there isn't another 'Server and Optimization Options'.

Thanks.

*Edit*: the avatar.php you're using to change your avatar keeps firefox loading this page foreverToungue. It loads the page and then just keeps saying 'Transferring data from mattrogowski.co.uk..Toungue
Oh, bloody hell, I meant to copy something else but it looks like it didn't copy so I just pasted the first bit twice Toungue That should read...

ACP > Configuration > Server and Optimization Options > Enable XMLHttp request features? > Yes

I'll have a look at the code for the avatar, may try and optimise it a bit.
Enable XMLHttp request features?

Aha, I guessed so and had tried disabling, saving then enabling. Still no luckSad

Anymore suggestions? Or would you like me to PM you admin details?
Anybody?
OK, it appears to be an issue with the theme. Both quick reply and multiquote work on the MyBB default theme but not in the theme you're using... I can't see why though, everything in the source code, and the templates in the ACP, looks fine...
Validate your theme and then it should work.

http://validator.w3.org
Thanks lacrocca. Well, here is what I did:

- Exported theme's xml file (including customized templates and items).
- Uploaded to validator.w3.org
- Set the encoding to UTF-8 (correct? Since 'detect automatically' produces errors)
- Everything else left to default.

3 errors and 4 warnings were produced.

Attached to this post is the validation report as well as the theme's exported xml. I know I'm very ignorant, I could not understand almost anything in the validation report.

I would appreciate some guiding here.

Thanks a lot and sorry for being that much irritating so farToungue
Pages: 1 2