MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Meta tag problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have included meta tag in my index page i.e http://www.forum.tech2game.com (check the page source).

But the problem is the meta tag isn't detected by any of the bots,I checked the meta with meta tag analyzer also they didn't detected the meta tag.

Whats the problem I can't figure it out. please help me in this.

Note: I have "Google SEO Meta" plug-in enabled & Its properly running(as far as I know).
Upload a HTML verification file. Search engines dont really use META tags any more.
It's because you've put mata at the start, not meta. Plus the search engines won't pick these up instantaneously, and they should go inside the <head> tags, now where you've put them. Put them in the headerinclude.
(2009-11-02, 05:37 PM)DasHaxer Wrote: [ -> ]Upload a HTML verification file. Search engines dont really use META tags any more.

Please explain a little. Where to upload a html verification file?
(2009-11-02, 05:40 PM)tech2game Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-02, 05:37 PM)DasHaxer Wrote: [ -> ]Upload a HTML verification file. Search engines dont really use META tags any more.

Please explain a little. Where to upload a html verification file?

Your forums root directory.
That's to verify your site for something like Google Webmasters, general meta tags need to go in the page source itself.
(2009-11-02, 05:48 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]That's to verify your site for something like Google Webmasters, general meta tags need to go in the page source itself.

I already verified and 5530 pages already indexed, I think the I solved the problem(with the help of matt & others). Can anybody please check the meta tags and tell if its all right?