MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is there a way to merge from PHP and then update the users & Posts later
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All
I am just going to start upgrading my live PHP forum to mybb, however I was wondering if i could do the merge and get the forum running and how i want it, but whilst i do this i would like to leave the old php forum active (as its on a diffrent hosting) and once the mybb forum is ready, before i can go live i will have to update the mybb forum with any new users and new posts from the old but still active php forum, is there an easy way to do this that anyone knows at all please?

Kind regards
Gra
(2009-11-02, 09:05 PM)fraherg Wrote: [ -> ]Hi All
I am just going to start upgrading my live PHP forum to mybb, however I was wondering if i could do the merge and get the forum running and how i want it, but whilst i do this i would like to leave the old php forum active (as its on a diffrent hosting) and once the mybb forum is ready, before i can go live i will have to update the mybb forum with any new users and new posts from the old but still active php forum, is there an easy way to do this that anyone knows at all please?

Kind regards
Gra

You will have to convert your current forum to Mybb. The conversion doesn''t touch the original forum at all.

See here for more info on conversion:

http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Runni...rge_System

What system is your current forum? And welcome to Mybb btw.
You don't have to run the merge system in order to prep things. All you need to prep MyBB is to add any smiley packs you want to match your old site, set up your theme, and then run the merger all at once.