MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: not sure if this is normal or not. (post counts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finding myself having to rebuild the forum stats more often to actually give a correct number of threads/posts...is this a bug or maybe a setting on my end?

Also..any reason why when a post is deleted it doesn't retract that thread/post(s) counts from the stats without doing a rebuild?
It should deduct from the post count, it does here, what version are you running??
(2009-11-03, 04:47 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It should deduct from the post count, it does here, what version are you running??

the newest..1.4.9.

forgot to mention..I have the trash can plugin installed..do you think that's screwing with the counts? if so, how do I get it back to normal while keeping the trash can?
Oh, yeah all that does is move the posts, they're not actually deleted until you empty the trash. I assume you've set it so post counts don't count in that forum, that's why the correct value is there when you recount, but they won't be actually deleted with that plugin, hence why the counts stay as they are, they're just being moved. It probably just needs a small addition to the plugin to decrement the post count when it's used.
(2009-11-03, 05:04 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Oh, yeah all that does is move the posts, they're not actually deleted until you empty the trash. I assume you've set it so post counts don't count in that forum, that's why the correct value is there when you recount, but they won't be actually deleted with that plugin, hence why the counts stay as they are, they're just being moved. It probably just needs a small addition to the plugin to decrement the post count when it's used.

are you able to modify the plugin to add such a thing? I can post the plugin if you want.