MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Keeping Threads In Order?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am creating a "Thread / Topic" for many characters in a Video Game for my Forums. Each Character as a number from 001 to 500 etc. I want every thread to stay in the number order no matter how many posts they contain it.

Is there a way this can be done in myBB?

For Example:

Character #001 - 0 Replies - Last Post Never.
Character #002 - 100 Replies - Last Post Yesterday.
Character #003 - 2 Replies - Last Post Today.

See how my works. I would like the number order to remain the same.

Thanks,
BlueEew.
It's possible to order them by title by clicking the headers on the forum display, but if you want this in just one forum, and not all, which I assume is the case, it'll need a plugin/code modification.
(2009-11-03, 10:16 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]It's possible to order them by title by clicking the headers on the forum display, but if you want this in just one forum, and not all, which I assume is the case, it'll need a plugin/code modification.

I am guessing there is no current modification for this?
You can do it without a modification.

ACP - Forum & Post - Forum Management - Edit Forum (the forum you want to sort the threads by the numbers)

scroll down to "Default Sort By:" and choose "Thread subject"
Ahh yes.

* Matt makes a mental note.

There are some settings I never remember, this is one of them.
(2009-11-03, 10:59 PM)doylecc Wrote: [ -> ]You can do it without a modification.

ACP - Forum & Post - Forum Management - Edit Forum (the forum you want to sort the threads by the numbers)

scroll down to "Default Sort By:" and choose "Thread subject"

Thanks a lot. Smile