MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: another question relating to logins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i know this is a long shot, but i recently got a new idea.

i am currently redesigning my clan website, and i was wondering rather than share the usernames across the forums, would it be easier to just create a login system for the website itself, and get the forums to rely on the website login? If so, what would be a good approach to do this? Or would it create security issues?
Try this:

If you have www.mysite.com/forum/

then at www.mysite.com make the index page a simple login page. So, when they login, it redirects them to the forum.
http://community.mybboard.net/thread-6190.html

Changing MyBB to use a different database just for the users is hard so I recommend you use the method above...
thank you.

i think first, i should work on the login system for the website(i am trialling having a heirachial account system- and it is my first time building such a thing), but this should get everything working for me
As I said the best plan would be to make the website login interact with MyBB's user system and database. But it's up to you really. :p
already working on it.

i have been working overtime correcting the bugs in the search engine on the website.

the one hitch i got so far though is this:

the clan website is developing, and because i already found out that- talking in terms of practicality- i can't use the one forum for the games that are going to be added, so i came up with what was going to be a much cleaner and more simple to navigate option: make a seperate mybb forum for each game the clan is associated with, but discussions in this thread i made earlier, i got the conclusion that without paying potentially a lot of money, i was not going to be able to make that simple interface design work. Unless you know of another way that will be more cost- effective, because i have a very constrained budget as it is, so i can't hire the services of someone to build a plugin that will migrate user details across the boards or share the one database across all of the individual forum boards.

If you know of an easier solution, i would be happy to hear it, because my knowledge of PHP is extremely limited- i am still mastering the more advanced concepts of HTML(5.0) and CSS as i develop the website.

call me stoopid, but i am trying to figure out the parse error i am getting when i use that solution, but that script is partil gibberish to me: i understand some, but not all of it.

parse error Wrote:Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '?' in /home/pupils/public_html/index.php on line 64
i have seemingly corrected the parse error, but now it is throwing error after error at me