MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuz! 7.0 to MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I am using a Discuz 7.0 ( ~1100 users ) board. I want to move to MyBB. I searched everywhere for something but without result. If you know a way i can do it please let me know.
It can also be a Discuz! -> phpBB or anything else, i can use the MyBB Merge System after that.

Thanks!
I dont quite understand you correctly, what were you searching for? How to move your forum to MyBB?
Discuz is a popular forum script that never really made it to the English market (few tranlations have been out but it's mainly chinese).

Ya, if you can convert to phpbb or something else first you can then use the merge system to convert to mybb.
I know how to move my forum to MyBB.. the only problem is MyBB merge system doesn` accept Discuz! -> MyBB merge. I need a way ( anything ) to export threads and users in MyBB format.... or in any other format that MyBB merge system supports...
As I said if there is a converter for discuz to phpbb or smf use that first. Then use the merge system to convert the phpbb or smf forum you have to mybb.
Hmm Discuz looks OK but I would prefer MyBB but really they should get a official English version and I will give it a try Toungue.
(2009-11-05, 03:32 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Hmm Discuz looks OK but I would prefer MyBB but really they should get a official English version and I will give it a try Toungue.

Obviously he wants to use MyBB if he is looking for a way to switch from Discuz! to MyBB.

As Netsge has said, if you find a phpbb or SMF converter then you can use that and then convert to MyBB.
Well, thats the problem. Theres no converter. Is there a manual way to do it? ( tho i don`t think things might end up good ).
Since Discuz! is Chinese, i don`t think it will be added to the Merge System MyBB has... arghhh! Big Grin
No manual way to do it, so you can't convert it to MyBB, MyBB has to most common software to covert from, so that's why, that forum isn't in it.
You may be able to find someone to right a custome module but right now there is no way to do it I guess.
Pages: 1 2