MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Intellect4Maniax, Where smart individuals can go wild.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
(2009-11-05, 09:02 AM)Intellectual Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-05, 08:38 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]
Ryan Loos Wrote:Submissions are all subject to feedback, suggestions and opinions.

In this Showcase forum, your website/forum is up for scrutiny by the members here. By posting the thread, you've started this "nonsense".

Take it as constructive criticism to help improve your website.

Thank you very much wise developer, i understand now i took the criticism as nonsense, but i get now, so thnk you again and who ever has any more questions can just post here or PM...Smile

You don't seem at all professional to me. Your trying to be but failing. Your grammar is failing, your punctuation is failing and I could go on.

I recommend everything what FullMetalBabe has stated, take it as constructive criticism not as everyone just slating your website and that.
Lets see if I have this right:

- You don't want to invest any money in to your site (not even to get a proper domain name) but want your users to do so
- You want to charge a subscription to enable features of your forum that make no big difference if they have or not and imo should be enabled by default Undecided
- You claim you will be posting articles, the only article you have there right now is a complete copy/paste from http://medical-dictionary.thefreediction...ray+matter you didn't even take the time to edit it properly nor did you put any reference as to where you got it from. Grabbing an article from somewhere and trying to pass it as your own is called plagiarism.

You posted here and asked for feedback and are getting upset on getting some honest feedback.

Undecided
+1 -G33K-

Seriously, you(as has been said) are not the greatest thing(or the smartest) to hit the internet. Your another person who thought "Hey! I'm going to make a website...but about what? OH I NO! I'm good at <INSERT TALENT HERE>! I'll make a site about that!

I cannot stress my impatience enough with those that start a site and are not dedicated to it. Then have the audacity to come here and complain when we try to criticize your forum, which is they very purpose of the showcase section. Take what we have said to heart, then try to improve on what you have.
I do want criticism but this is too much its insults for crying out loud. Listen to me guys i have posted my site here for the mybb community thinking that at least here i will find some nice people to check it out and tell me whats wrong with it so i can fix it and then if i am lucky some more members will join. You know what, that's it CLOSE THREAD/
Well, if you know how to read, then you can see many people told you what was wrong. Now is up for to you either fix it, or leave it like that blaming us for telling you some true facts. Good luck anyways.
sooooo

here i am to put in my 2c..

so far you have had 1 subscriber ...reading all of the posts above ...(and trust me i have read them all) i can say that you believe that you have what it takes to make a successful forum...so i can assume that you are confident of getting at least 2 vip members in 5 months

so you haver had 1 vip member so far ...$13.99 at your rate

$5 for a standard hosting plan <-- lower if you go with a smaller company such as magmahost
$0.99 for a .info domain <-- you gotta at least have that if ya wanna make it

that still leaves around 8 bucks for next months hosting Smile and for 5 months

$5 x 5 = $25
$0.99 = $0.99
total cost = $25.99
total revenue = $27.98

you still make a really low profit with only 2 members in 5 months

although i would NEVER buy a vip membership on a small forum will almost zero content / low member count and such benefits

bottom line --- get some content --- get some members ---find something to offer them as benefits --- and then maybe you'll make it

no offense intended --- honest opinion
(2009-11-06, 03:35 AM)Intellectual Maniac Wrote: [ -> ]at least here i will find some nice people to check it out

Your site is perfect. There is nothing you can improve upon and you are destine to become a Millionaire web tycoon. Intellectual Maniac for president!

Is that what you wanted? We have provided you with noting but reasonable and well explained constructive opinions. Be grateful for that.

Ps. Nice grammar. (I retract the statement about the grammar as I can see from your profile that English is probably not your first language, well written English does make a big difference in making your site look professional though).
Intellectual Maniac, if you don't want to be insulted you need to stop assuming people are dumb. I mean on the first visit we could tell what you were up to - you're trying to make members pay for features that should be available to them by default and you don't even post your own articles. It's rather sad, really.
(2009-11-06, 03:45 PM)Sodacake Wrote: [ -> ]Intellectual Maniac, if you don't want to be insulted you need to stop assuming people are dumb. I mean on the first visit we could tell what you were up to - you're trying to make members pay for features that should be available to them by default and you don't even post your own articles. It's rather sad, really.

Enough said, really.

Plus, your small lime italics font is annoying.
The forum does not fit on the screen, you have to scroll to view.

You have a snowball chance in hell of making money with this, so you may as well try another concept, putting up forums thinking one is going to "get rich quick" is only a pipe dream.

If you think someone will pay you for what you put up there you really live in delusion.

Forums are a labor of love and long term commitments, they will not turn a profit for years until you have a few thousand real visitors (NOT SPAM BOTS) per day.
Pages: 1 2 3 4