MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB is great!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I knew MyBB when I visited my friends' forums. It's great!

MyBB is nice-looking, very fast to load. I think it's even better than vBB and phpBB.

How do you think?
Probably get nothing but a landslide of people saying they like it considering this is the official MyBB site and all...

p.s. I like it Wink
Ya, it's kind of a biased place to ask. But, many people are biased because they just say what they're used to Toungue.
Trying not to be biased. Personally, I think both scripts are more than nice, phpBB having nicer appearance and some great themes, as well as really professional ACP and management section. Also, installing themes is piece of cake.
At the same time MyBB being really easy to handle, very easy to install themes, image sets etc. as well as great theme modifying already implemented and you can easily modify anything in the matter of seconds. It gives you a fell of freedom.
(2009-11-05, 06:23 AM)thuankkk Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's even better than vBB and phpBB.

The contents of my cat's litterbox is better than phpBB.

MyBB and SMF are both nice forum scripts. It's hard to beat IPB but it's paid.
(2009-11-14, 06:54 AM)Amherstclane Wrote: [ -> ]Trying not to be biased. Personally, I think both scripts are more than nice, phpBB having nicer appearance and some great themes, as well as really professional ACP and management section. Also, installing themes is piece of cake.
At the same time MyBB being really easy to handle, very easy to install themes, image sets etc. as well as great theme modifying already implemented and you can easily modify anything in the matter of seconds. It gives you a fell of freedom.
In my opinion the phpBB 3.0 theme is really ugly and made with barely or no imagination or inspiration Toungue. MyBB theme is OK and it's good enough to be a default/clean theme.

Currently I like vB and IPB the most but those cost money. But MyBB is defiantly the best forum software in the free category. Not only because of it's features but also because it's open source and has a great community.
To be honest, MyBB isn't my favourite. I like wBB much better. I really like the 2.X.X series. The 3 series disapointed me, and the coding is to complex for me to do, so i just searched and mybb worked.
Well, once they finally made it secure near the end of the 2.xx series I loved phpBB2. However phpBB3 I can't stand. For me phpBB2 and MyBB are about equal. The plethora of mods available for phpBB2 is just amazing. Of course, with the plugin system of MyBB that means virtually nothing, since I will eventually be able to get around to remaking all those great Mods on my phpBB2 forum for MyBB as plugins. Both have excellent themes available from 3rd parties as well.

To me vB and others just aren't worth the money when there are excellent free alternatives. And don't even get me started on SMF (I can't STAND it, the way categories and subforums are handled is atrocious... and thats just the tip of the ice berg), WowBB, WowClassic, UltraBB (Those 3 WowBB based boards all have crap code, notorious security holes, and some of the worst support in the BB world), older versions of YaBB (I've not seen newer versions so I can't comment there) and XMF.

I can't comment on many others such as IPB, JavaBB, IceBB, FUDForum, and more, because I have no experience with them.

Still considering the plethora of software available in the BB category, I'm sure there are other good ones I've never even heard of.
Agreed I basically hate phpBB 3 it's really ugly and annoying I like phpbb much more.
(2009-11-15, 02:24 AM)Zomaian Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed I basically hate phpBB 3 it's really ugly and annoying I like phpbb much more.

Actually, I quite like the look of phpbb3...

But I much prefer mybb!
Pages: 1 2