MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Daily thread limit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i want add limit to create daily new thread for users, is it possible?
Why limit content?
The more content the better Toungue
There is a global setting for max posts per day under "Posting" settings.

"Maximum Posts Per Day"

However that's going to effect ALL users. Unfortunately it's another setting that should be group based but instead is fixed to everyone.
(2009-11-06, 03:41 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Why limit content?

because with some overview plugin its not good and looks like user is spamming and other users complainting about that

labrocca Wrote:There is a global setting for max posts per day under "Posting" settings.

"Maximum Posts Per Day"

However that's going to effect ALL users. Unfortunately it's another setting that should be group based but instead is fixed to everyone.

does it limit thread or post only? i want add limit to new threads
(2009-11-06, 12:25 PM)sercankd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-06, 03:41 AM)T0m Wrote: [ -> ]Why limit content?

because with some overview plugin its not good and looks like user is spamming and other users complainting about that

labrocca Wrote:There is a global setting for max posts per day under "Posting" settings.

"Maximum Posts Per Day"

does it limit thread or post only? i want add limit to new threads

That limit posts only but it shouldn''t be too hard to create a plugin that limits threads.
Edit:

Here you go. I just created the plugin:

http://www.forumsecurity.eu/showthread.php?tid=76