MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trying to Edit My Template
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm looking to edit my mybb template to look like and have the same colors as my site. Here is the link to the forum: http://www.virusorcancer.com/forumain.htm

So I changed both thead_bg.gif and tcat_bg.gif, however as you see when you go to the link only the thead_bg.gif has shown up as changed. Anyone know why this is happening? (I'll attach those files in case someone wants to use them for their template)

I'd also like to change the top buttons, is there a way I can do this? Is there a file similar to overall_header.tpl in phpbb?

Also where are the files that I need to edit located? I can't seem to find any template files? Can someone explain how mybb works with templates?

Thanks
First of all, the tcat_bg.gif doesn't appear to have changed because there is no longer an image in that part, just a color. Heres how to make it an image:

Admin CP -> Themes -> Modify/Delete -> *Theme Name* -> (scroll) Table Sub Headers -> (in that box) Backround

Replace what is in that box (#ADCBE7) with this:

#ADCBE7 url(images/tcat_bg.gif)

Now to change the top links, do this:

Admin CP -> Templates -> Modify/Delete -> *Template Name* -> Expand -> header

That contains the header of every page Wink
Cool, thanks so much Smile

I tried editing the template but couldn't because I always clicked on the "Edit" button instead of the "Expand"

And you were right about the image...