MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Free iPhone Websites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Looking for an iPhone Friendly Version of Your Website? Look No Further! Help is Here!

What is an iPhone Friendly Website?
Basically, I will take your site and shrink it down. Make it the exact dimensions of the iPhone Screen. This Means No Zooming! The navigation is also made nice and big for your finger to hit it without accidentally hitting another link.

This can help connect Your iPhone audience with friendlier versions of Your Website.

The Best part about it, I have a clever script which will allow You to show your users different Content when they rotate their device. For example, You could have your main content when Holding it upright, but when holding it to the left or right, the content changes and contains a sidebar! Or whatever You want it to be. *Note Does not work for holding Your Device Upside-down*

What's The Cost? Is it expensive?
This service is absolutely FREE. You will not spend one dime. HOWEVER. I will require a VERY SMALL Link Back in the footer of every page. This will be premade so You Don't have to worry. I will also ensure that it Blends into Your Site.
YOU DO NOT have to put this link on your regular website, unless You really want to.

Portfolio?
I am currently working on two websites. I will post what they look like as soon as they are finished. If you are still unclear what an iPhone website looks like, a very popular example can be found by pointing your Safari Browser to facebook.com where You will be redirected to the iPhone version (May Be required to login for full functionality)

Other
I will give you a code to put on your website. This code will make it so when an user goes to your website on their iPhone, they will automatically be redirected to the iPhone friendly version. You may choose to to create a subdirectory such as

m.domain.com
mobile.domain.com
iphone.domain.com
ipod.domain.com

Will this work with other devices?
This will Work with:
- All Apple iPod Touch's (1G, 2G, and 3G)
- All iPhone's (iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3G S)
- It should also work with all future makes of iPhones and iPod's
- And while not designed for Regular phones, it should work with regular phones. Just that some functionality might not work due to the fact of Javascript in the page causing different content to be displayed on different rotations.

How to order
You can order by:
- Posting Here
- Emailing myself @ [email protected]

Feel Free to Post any questions you may have here.
I Should also add that this is not for MyBB Forums or any other forum software (Or CMS Scripts/blogs)

However I am working on an iPhone Script for MyBB
Could you show an example?
Yeah it would be great to see an example, not that I doubt your ability, more so I am interested to see how they work on my e71 and just out of general interest.
I'd like to test this out... i have an iPod touch.

Also, what do you do if a site is constantly changing and having new pages, like my website?
You just add new pages or edit them. You could also use php includes. Note that I will give you the base which includes iPhone ready scripts and the design. You have to fill inthe content.

Live example up by next week maybe. I'm off to a conference this weekend.
I was working on one but it was a long time ago. However it may show the rotation difference.

Lyndonstudios.com/iPhone
Not Found

The requested URL /iPhone was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
http://www.lyndonstudios.com/iphone/index.html

Will Only work on iPhone Browser.
(2009-11-06, 02:19 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.lyndonstudios.com/iphone/index.html

Yeah, not much really... just a header.... you need to add some content and more pages.
(2009-11-07, 10:30 AM)cohen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2009-11-06, 02:19 PM)Lyndon Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.lyndonstudios.com/iphone/index.html

Yeah, not much really... just a header.... you need to add some content and more pages.

It should display something more if you're using your iPhone to view it Smile
Isn't there just a meta tag to make it iPhone friendly?? A guy at work mentioned it at the pub yesterday.
Pages: 1 2