MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Email system not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello every body

I have set the new mybb forum and try to install the mail system for my forum. I haven't got enough expertise I have also got the purchased domain and hosting account. and email address have been set when I put the email setting to mybb forum the mail can't be sent to new users upon registration or for any event; how can I set it plz guide. I am waiting for response.
Login to admin area and click on config >> email system and select SMPT and fill correct setting.

Your config file and setting file is set to CHMODE 777?

if not then first change your config and setting.php CHMODE permission to 777

fix??
(2009-11-06, 05:48 PM)kunnusingh Wrote: [ -> ]Login to admin area and click on config >> email system and select SMPT and fill correct setting.

Your config file and setting file is set to CHMODE 777?

if not then first change your config and setting.php CHMODE permission to 777

fix??

First of all thanks for your reply

putting it all together I took help form

http://community.mybboard.net/thread-385...#pid264948

This post.

Also adjusted the above mentioned permissions.

And adjusting the Smtp setting of mybb also didn't worked. but When I change a setting the things got so fine it would like to tell you because I got it after a great problem.

Configuration > Settings >> modify settings (tap) >>> General Configuration (find) >>>> Admin Email

by editing Admin Email the emails started to go First I tried with smtp.gmail.com

then I asked my hosting company to provide me the settings of smtp mail.
for example if I am using "xyz" hosting company. than
SMTP hostname: smtp.xyz.com (varies from hosting to hosting)

If some couldn't follow it feel free to ask Big Grin