MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Childish people, or actual kids?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
During my short period around this forums, I've never seen so many insane and rude users than this past weeks. I mean really, they claim to know everything, and that everyone's wrong. Even though they have no arguments at all to support what they say, so they just end up saying everyone else is "inmature", "not nice", "mad", "spammer", or whatever.

There were two specific threads this days that caught my attention (won't be posting them), the conversations actually reached pages trying to convience the user that kept insulting and repeating the same argument. Until the threads were just locked down. That's probably the only way to stop those conversations, because those users would keep saying the same bullshit over and over again.

I myself beleive this thread is a bit useless, because the bahavior of some specific individuals is not caused by the site they come to, nor anything else on the net (that other users could have) but themselves. So asking why this is happenning would be kind of stupid lol But this thread mainly to comfirm if it's just me thinking this Toungue
Actual Kids, no doubt.
Childish people call other users noobs. Kids argue that they are not noobs. Moderator locks thread.

The great balance of power is restored. Shy

9/10 they're kids, who are either self-opinionated or have their head so far stuc...
Childish people. I just had a 23 year old go ape because of some forum reputation comment. He threatened me and all my sites because I was playing "favorites" for not deleting it. Meanwhile I have gone and deleted at least 10 bad reps on his account in the past. Total BS and it's tiresome that people can't get a grip on reality.
Well he's obviously talking about me Toungue.

But, ya it is an issue and will continue to be one. I hope many are younger but some aren't. Also I think some have English as a second language which doesn't help (Not saying it's a bad thing but it can be when you try to debate).
Sheesh, Combus, you didn't have to make a whole thread about me. ;(

/joking...or am I?

You're not the only one who thinks that, Combus! Though I'm pretty sure they are kids. Toungue
I think many are kids but I think a few of them are just immature people. I think the immature people are worse because they think "hey I'm 29 with no qualifications or a certificate in IT, I am working in an unskilled job and I am super important because I am 29 and people don't know I am the rest."

I think it also comes from some cultures where constructive criticism, re evaluating and making your own mind up based on evidence isn't common or accepted. (being very broad with this but I think you get what I am talking about).

Some people are also just used to being "superior" when it comes to computers and having authority when it comes to them because they live in a computer illiterate environment and when they come online they don't/can't understand that they are just a little fish and a huge pond.

Ps. Do they actually teach economics in US schools? Some people need to learn that something is only worth what people are willing to pay.
You can also blame forum administrators for allowing trolls and signature spammers to disrupt legitimate conversations.

You always have people who think they are so important on forums thinking their God given right is to tell others what they can post.

This is also the fault of administration when they allow this to occur.
(2009-11-06, 11:57 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]You can also blame forum administrators for allowing trolls and signature spammers to disrupt legitimate conversations.

What exactly is a signature spammer??
(2009-11-06, 11:57 PM)AVC Wrote: [ -> ]You can also blame forum administrators for allowing trolls and signature spammers to disrupt legitimate conversations.

We are not really talking about trolls or spammers. Just people who don't understand how to take other people opinions into consideration without being offended. They often end up having the effect of a "troll" but they don't do it deliberately.
Pages: 1 2 3