MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help removing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So, I was attempting to make an edit to a plugin which caused an error in php, The Admin CP wouldnt load so I could deactivate the plugin so I deleted it from the plugins folder thinking that would deactivate the plugin and all would be well. Indeed, it deactivated and removed from the plugins however its still showing up under the settings. How do I remove it from showing up under the settings?

Thank you

Derrick
Look for the settings under the "Modify Settings" tab. You'll need to delete each one by one, but it will work. To delete the Settings group however, you'll need access to phpMyAdmin or etc. Go to your _settinggroups table, and find the group's row, then delete it.

Make sure from now on you write a SQL query in the deactivate/uninstall functions. If you have a plugin that you want the information to stay in the database even if someone deactivates it, then take use of the uninstall function instead. That way, if someone accidentally deactivates, they won't loose all their information. The only way to remove information from the database would be by uninstalling the plugin.
(2009-11-07, 02:18 PM)DougSD Wrote: [ -> ]Look for the settings under the "Modify Settings" tab. You'll need to delete each one by one, but it will work. To delete the Settings group however, you'll need access to phpMyAdmin or etc. Go to your _settinggroups table, and find the group's row, then delete it.

Make sure from now on you write a SQL query in the deactivate/uninstall functions. If you have a plugin that you want the information to stay in the database even if someone deactivates it, then take use of the uninstall function instead. That way, if someone accidentally deactivates, they won't loose all their information. The only way to remove information from the database would be by uninstalling the plugin.

Thank you, I did not even realize that section was there. I was able to remove it thank you.

Derrick