MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Customize / Start your theme!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Excellent tutorial Big Grin
I have one issue I know how to edit my theme and everything but some sections I cant edit. Like I can change some of my default theme's style through the admin control panel but some settings I can't change.

After I made changes to the style I would save but when I return to the page (theme editor), the code i entered wouldn't be there (it will go back to default). But the thing that makes me confused is that I can edit some areas (boxes) properly while others i can't.

Can someone plz help me.
I'm creating new theme and I want to add my contact information at the footer. How can I do so that when somebody install my theme this information must be visible.

[Image: image1ap7.jpg]
levani Wrote:I'm creating new theme and I want to add my contact information at the footer. How can I do so that when somebody install my theme this information must be visible.

[Image: image1ap7.jpg]

Add it in the footer template of your theme ? =P
How do or where in the theme editor can I edit the code so that I can make all links in the post body ONLY be a different color?

I want links put in the body of the message someone posts to be a different color than the other links on the theme.

I've been fiddling all day and cannot get it right.

Alt row 1 & 2 link attributes simply make this happen on all areas.

Body attributes make the same thing.

Table rows - again all over.

What I'm looking to do is have anyone who inserts a hyperlink into whatever they post to be a different color than ANY of the other links on the theme.

I looked in the postbit templates for a place i can add a class but that wasn't working either. I can add a class but it only 'talks' to the post number and the IP logged or not logged infor bit a the bottom.
Anyone have any ideas on this link bit? I'm dying here! I really want to finish this theme and get my site up but I need to be able to tweak those user added links in posts because they are impossible to find with the theme I'm making and it's color scheme.

If I allow the links in the theme itself to show colors it will kill the continuity of the whole thing.
Can you tell me how to make my background image not repeat itself vert nor horz but to shrink/stretch itself to the display screen?
Very nice tutorial, nobody has commented on it for ages though...
This is for the old mybb is there a new tut ?

(Sorry for bumping an old thread)
Lets bump this, because I need a tutorial on how to design a MyBB theme.
And I can't find any anywhere. :|
Okay I'm new to all the CSS, I've browsed the made of for MyBB but i am little confussed, I dont' understand it very much but anyt other tutorials would you recommend?
Pages: 1 2 3 4