MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users Can See But Not Enter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering is there anyway to edit the settings so that non VIP members can see the VIP forum but not post in it?

sort of like
http://customybb.net but I want the premimum to be on the main fourm not a sub page.

Thanks
But can only see the forum, not view its content!!!
yea exactly
(2009-11-07, 06:35 PM)ManUtdPeople Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering is there anyway to edit the settings so that non VIP members can see the VIP forum but not post in it?

sort of like
http://customybb.net but I want the premimum to be on the main fourm not a sub page.

Thanks

Disallow them access at the permissions and then at the Configuration-Forum Home Options, set the Hide Private Forums? to Yes.
You can do that with the forums permissions...

Just allow them to view, but not post.
(2009-11-07, 08:48 PM)Dutchcoffee Wrote: [ -> ]You can do that with the forums permissions...

Just allow them to view, but not post.

I think he meant something else. He wanted like at that forum he posted the link above. At least that is what I understood.
Yea we want that everyone can see the VIP forum in the main index.php but when people click it that are not VIP they get a permission error or something like that.
I would wait for 1.6. I believe there is a specific option to allow it not to view posts (but view the forum) in the detailed permissions page for the forum/group. However it overwrites it self when you click ok on the forums permissions page (with all the groups). Hopefully you understood and hopefully with the new permission set up in 1.6 it will be possible Wink.
This is a tips.

1. Disallow access at the permissions to this Forum.
2. Configuration-Forum Home Options, set the Hide Private Forums to Yes.
3. Coppy link to forum and Create forum with the same name and copied forum link. (Show additional options).
4. Disallow permission to view for VIP to created forum in 3pkt.