MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 2 Problems - Chrome + ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

I decided to install MyBB on my test server just to see if it would be a good forum to use. And I'm loving just using it in various places, but I'm hitting 2 major problems from FRESH installs.

So....

1. I'm not quite sure why, but when I log in with Google Chrome, it just won't save. It says I successfully logged in, then when I go back out, it says I need to login again. Are my cookies settings bad, or perhaps it doesn't work with temporary URLs? But the odd thing is, it works fine with Firefox and IE.

2. I can log into the ACP, but when I go into any setting, I get EXACTLY what is on the sticky. (Yes I've read it) And basically you get Forbidden errors, 403 errors, etc depending on which browser I use, and I can't do anything. From the ACP I can go to all of the links on the header bar, so forum and posts, usergroups, etc, but if I go click anything else on the page from the side bars to the options, it gives me the error.

Now here's the tricky part, I talked to my host, they disabled mod_security already, AND I've placed the .htaccess to the root of my forum. So I'm clueless as to what I should do now.

--------------

Details:

The temporary URL is http://74.53.105.18/~dsdataba/forums/
It is a complete fresh installation, 1.4.9.
I can give a password to an admin account through the PM system if needed.

------------------

Thanks for reading guys, really quite desperate to see how this all works. Smile Thanks
Heh forgot to mention I followed that one too. Sad
Did you change the cookie settings in settings.php and the ACP?
I actually didn't need to change it because it looked fine. I chmod'd it though.
I'm curious, how do I actually check if my webhost has disabled mod_security? It says on the page to check with the provided php info in the acp, but I can't access it. Is there any other way to check?
The best plan would be to actually ask your host as to whether it is enabled. As you have already checked you should point out that this error is still occurring and they should look into it further. That's the only known explanation for forbidden errors in the ACP.
You can also check for other solutions here: http://wiki.mybboard.net/index.php/Help:Mod_security

As for the cookie problem have you done ALL the steps in the thread about cookies? Does it only not work in Chrome?
May I ask what host you are on?
There's the problem. Turns out they can't disable mod_security to a temporary URL, so I had to tie it to an actual domain name, and now everything works, chrome and ACP.

Thanks guys
For the future, Ryan made the 1.6 ACP compatible with mod_security. If you follow his changes in r4491, you can make the 1.4 ACP compatible too.
Cool, so if I implement those changes (the ones noted by diff) I can make 1.4 ACP working with mod_security? I don't need to disable with .htaccess either right?