MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fatal error by splitting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 20971520 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 3306801 bytes) in /usr/home/deb4195/domains/ikf-forum.eu/public_html/inc/functions.php on line 277
What about it? Did you want help or something with it?

It would really be nice if people elaborated on their problems rather than just expecting us to know about it.
It sounds logical when I post an error here that I need support!!!!!!
Giving more text will not mean that it will be more clear.
You need to ask your host about it, the memory limit's been hit.
That's only 3mb of memory usage. You should really consider moving hosts if this is the highest your host will support.
But cant he overwrite php memory settings through his php.ini ?
(2009-11-09, 11:52 AM)technoman Wrote: [ -> ]But cant he overwrite php memory settings through his php.ini ?

Some hosts will suspend users that overwrite settings. It's best to discuss it with them.
Answer Host in Dutch, I try to translate

Quote:Die foutmelding gaat om het werkgeheugen gebruik van je script. Dat is iets anders als de diskruimte die je hebt.
PHP scripts mogen bij Antagonist 20 MB gebruiken.

That error message is the workingmemory used by the script.
Thats something else then the diskmemory you have got.
PHP-script may use 20 mb by antagonist (http://www.antagonist.nl)

Quote:Het script probeert op die regel dus een blok van 3 MB extra geheugen te reserveren, waardoor het script over de grens van 20 MB heen zou gaan. Daarop breekt PHP het script af.
Het script gebruikt op dat moment dus al 17 MB geheugen.

Zoals in de diverse andere topics over de memory_limit al is aangegeven is het tijdelijk toegestaan om de limiet iets te verhogen (naar bijv. 30 MB), als je daardoor een installatie/onderhoud handeling kunt uitvoeren die vastloopt op de memory_limit. Je moet deze instelling daarna wel weer terugzetten naar de standaardinstelling van 20 MB.
Zie voor uitleg over hoe je de limiet aanpast de zoek link die ik eerder gaf.

The script is trying to reserve on that line a block of 3 mb extra memory, because of that the script is over the limit of 20 mb. Because of that PHP is breaking the script.

Its allowed to change the limit to example 30 for installation or working.
I had to change it when it done.

So I think my host is good with 20 MB but the splitting proces is to big.
Is it possible that I split in two parts??
1. splitting;
2. moving other post to new thread.