MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Trow1 & Trow 2 Alternation Broken w/ Vanilla MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just found some sort of weird styling bug with the vanilla version of MyBB 1.4. It has to do with the alternation between the forum's background color (trow1 and trow2) on the index page, and perhaps elsewhere. When the first category has an odd number of forums in it, the second category's beginning forum has a background of trow1 and alternates between trow2 accordingly, as should all beginning forums should be. However, if the first category, or any category followed by another category, has an even number of forums, the trailing categories start off their forum color with trow2, not trow1, and then it alternates accordingly. I remember that in MyBB 1.2, it used to be that the first forum of each category started off with trow1. Now, it seems that it is dependent of the amount of the category before it - if one category has even numbers - then all subsequent category's start off their forums with trow2. Is there a way to fix this? I posted pictures in the attachments so you can see the problem.

Picture 1 - The first category has an odd number of forums, so all subsequent categories have trow1 as their starting forum color.

[Image: 57157107.th.jpg]

Picture 2 - The first category has an even number of forums, so all subsequent categories have trow2 as their starting forum color. This should not occur.

[Image: 10030736.th.jpg]

Picture 3 - The first category has an odd number of forums, so all subsequent categories have trow1 as their starting forum color. This just provides more evidence of the problem.

[Image: 90278077.th.jpg]

What can be done to fix the problem, so that the first forum in each category starts with trow1? If this is fixed in an update, can we have the code so we can fix this problem quickly? Also, if this should go into bug reporting, please move this thread there.